MG ZS EV Orders Now Open
MG ZS EV, THE FAMILY FRIENDLY ELECTRIC CAR.
MG ZS EV is the Family Friendly Electric Car. Highly practical, spacious and good looking, MG ZS EV ticks all the boxes for busy families and those seeking an electric car with no compromise. MG ZS EV will also be MG’s most high-tech car yet with many new features and advanced safety features.
What’s the car’s range, how big is the battery and how long does it take to charge?
MG ZS EV has a 44.5kw/h battery which is larger than some of its EV competitors. The battery is water-cooled for increased rapid charging capability. The range is yet to be confirmed but is expected to be somewhere between 150 and 175 miles on the stringent new WLTP test cycle. Charging is best done overnight at home on a 7kw domestic charger, with a full charge from empty taking around six and a half hours. On the go, the MG ZS EV can be rapidly charged from 0% to 80% in around 43 minutes.
How much will the MG ZS EV cost?
Pricing is yet to be confirmed but the guide price for the two versions is £25,000 to £32,000. Pricing will be released closer to the official on-sale date in September 2019. Competitive finance packages will be available from launch, allowing customers to pay monthly for their MG ZS EV.
What advanced safety features are on the car?
MG ZS EV is the most high-tech MG yet. It features:
- Adaptive Cruise Control, which automatically adjusts the vehicle’s speed to maintain a safe distance from vehicles ahead
- Traffic Jam Assist, the car can accelerate and brake automatically, as well as a steer at low speeds
- Autonomous Emergency Braking, a system which is able to detect obstacles, warn the driver or automatically brake to avoid or mitigate a crash
- Lane Departure Warning System, a mechanism designed to warn the driver when the vehicle begins to move out of its lane on freeways and arterial roads
- Blind Spot Detection, a sensor that detects other vehicles located to the driver’s side
- Pedestrian Alert Control System, can detect impending accidents with pedestrians who are in the same lane as the vehicle, or who are moving dangerously into this direction
- Intelligent Headlight Control System, to automatically dip the headlight beam when oncoming traffic is detected
- ISOFIX connections are in place for the rear seats
What will the Euro NCAP rating be?
MG ZS EV has been designed to achieve a 4 star Euro NCAP rating.
What other tech is on this car?
MG ZS EV will be the first MG in the UK to feature a panoramic and sliding sky-roof. Gear changing is refined and sophisticated with the Rotary Gear Selector, and the air in the car is filtered by PM2.5 pollen and particulate filter. Electrically folding and heated door mirrors, keyless entry, an 8” colour touchscreen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, DAB radio, rear parking camera and sat-nav are all on-hand to make the MG ZS EV that bit more pleasant to live with.
How long will the warranty be?
MG ZS EV will carry MG’s famous 7 years/80,000-mile warranty.
How do I order one?
Great question! The order bank is now open and you can place your order today by speaking to one of our sales team. By placing a fully refundable deposit of £500 you can secure your place on the waiting list.
When will my order be fulfilled?
Customer orders are initially open to customers attending the London Motor Show before being extended to our early-bird customers on this scheme. Depending on demand, MG hopes to fulfil these orders within 2019 with vehicles being available from September 2019.
Where are MGs built?
All new MGs sold in the UK are manufactured in state-of-the-art factories in China. MG's parent company, SAIC Motor, built just over seven million cars in 2018, many of which were manufactured in joint venture plants with Volkswagen Group and General Motors. SAIC has invested over $7 billion in R&D to be at the forefront of the latest automotive technology and industry trends. MG is now well-placed to enjoy the benefits of this investment with MG ZS EV being the first of a series of new energy vehicles to be launched in the UK. The Chinese car market is the world’s largest for electric vehicles with more than 1.1 million electric cars sold during 2018. SAIC Motor is one of the industry’s leaders, delivering more than 140,000 EVs in 2018. In 2019 MG expects to sell over 200,000 electric cars globally, with ZS EV sales starting in China, Thailand, Germany, Spain and the UK.